Let’s face it—downtown Madison is not the cheapest place to live! But for those who can afford it, it’s an enviable lifestyle with seemingly endless choices for food, drink, shopping, entertainment, lakes, parks, and more—all within walking distance of some of Madison’s premier downtown condo developments!
Here are the top ten reasons we consistently hear from our clients who want to relocate to downtown Madison or who have already relocated to Wisconsin’s beautiful downtown:
1. You're at the heart of where it's all happening on Madison's beautiful isthmus!
3. Easy access to great venues like The Overture Center, The Orpheum Theatre, Monona Terrace & the gorgeous new Madison Public Library.
4. Downtown Madison is a walkable foodie paradise! Walk to great farm-to-table restaurants, pubs & craft drinks venues sprinkled throughout Madison’s wonderfully walkable & historic downtown.
5. Our stunning Capitol building & rotunda! The People’s Building is open to the public every day, is FREE, and is well worth a visit!
6. Our well-attended & highly diverse Farmer's Market On the Square! Great ingredients for your next home-cooked meal, wonderful baked goods, and so much more!
7. Madison College & the UW-Madison! Live where you teach or attend school or (if you’re retired) where you audit classes for free at the university!
8. Annual traditions like Concerts On The Square, Taste of Madison, Madison Magazine's Top Shelf Winter Taste & Art Fair On The Square are just a hop, skip, and a jump away!
9. State Street shopping, more great restaurants (did we mention all the great restaurants??) & of course everyone’s perennial favorite, Maxwell Street Days!
10. The Memorial Union: where else is the beer, popcorn & people watching this good—and this cheap—right on spectacular Lake Mendota!? Don’t miss the opportunity to pose for a photo in the oversized chair for a timeless optical illusion to pass yourself off as a little kid!
Madison is such a great place to live—whether you’re working, attending the university, enjoy living in an urban setting, or are retiring to start your own business (did you know Madison is ranked one of the best places to retire to and start a business?). Here’s the bottom line: Madison is an exciting, vibrant city with a great deal of choices, diversity, and forward momentum. Madison’s economy is historically very resilient and downtown property values have been increasing at a rate of between 5-7% annually for over a decade.
Thinking of relocating to downtown Madison? Contact us today to get your downtown Madison condo search underway!Posted by Jolenta Averill on