There are loads of activities to do with the kids in Madison, Wisconsin. Spending a day out with the family will prove to be a treat for both you and the kids. There is something for all ages to enjoy, and it makes no difference what your interests are. Madison flourishes in culture, heritage, environmental, historical, and community activities.
Here are some of the kid friendly activities in Madison, Wisconsin.
From theme parks to the zoo, spend the day in the sun while having a load of fun with your family.
Henry Vilas Zoo – 702 South Randall Avenue, Madison
Visiting this zoo won’t cost you anything in admission. A whole family can enjoy viewing some of nature’s most animals. Vilas Park Zoo operates all year, so no matter what the season, you can enjoy seeing some amazing animals.
Madison Parks and Beaches
There are a total of 13 different beaches in Madison. You can spend the day in the sun, and have loads of water fun. Madison also offers over 200 parks, which offer walking trails, playgrounds, basketball hoops, picnic areas, and much more. Plus, during the winter, many of these parks offer ice skating, and ideal sledding spots.
Other Activities to check out in the Madison area:
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens - 3330 Atwood Avenue
- UW Geology Museum - 1215 West Dayton Street
- Vitense Golfland - 5501 W. Beltline Highway
- Wisconsin State Capitol - 2 East Main Street
- The UW Arboretum - 1207 Seminole Highway
Kid Friendly Restaurants
Nothing is worse than going to a new restaurant to find that all the dining options are detested by your children. Here is a list of eateries you can rest assure that your family will absolutely love.
- Ella's Deli and Ice Cream Parlor - 2902 East Washington Avenue, Madison
- Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co - 357 Price Place (Hilldale Location), Madison
- Hubbard Avenue Diner - 7445 Hubbard Avenue, Middleton
- Tex Tubb's Taco Palace - 2009 Atwood Avenue, Madison
- Market Street Diner - 110 Market Street, Sun Prairie
Madison is an area filled with amenities that the whole family will enjoy.Posted by Jolenta Averill on