How to Hire a Great Listing Agent
Thinking of selling your Madison WI home? The key to hiring a really great real estate agent to list your home is to know how to ask the right questions. Given that your home is probably your most valuable asset, you want to make sure you're hiring the agent who can net you the most money, in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of hassle. But before you sit down to interview listing agents, we suggest you do these three things on the Internet to see what kind of online presence the agent. A strong Internet presence is a prerequisite for marketing your home given today's super savvy Internet buyers.
- What results, if any, do you get when you Google the agent?
- Is the agent active on social networking sites and real estate blogs?
- What sort of website presence does the agent maintain? How good are the search capabilities? How fresh or stale is the design and content?
15 Questions to Ask Prospective Listing Agents
- What credentials, designations, education and experience do you have? Do you have a business/marketing background or a technology background or both?
- What sorts of activities will your marketing strategy comprise?
- Will I be given a written marketing plan?
- How does your plan for my home differ from the plan for other homes you're marketing?
- How much money will you spend to market my home? What portion of that is broker-paid ads?
- What types of technology will you use to market my home? What sort of results do you get with these technologies?
- Which websites will you advertise my property on? How can I be sure my house will be found on the Internet?
- What methods will you use to communicate with me? How often can I expect to hear from you?
- Are there improvements I should make to my home that will increase its market value?
- Will you help me stage my home? What are the costs?
- Will a professional photograph my property? How many photos will be displayed and where?
- Will you show me the homes of my competition so I know what I'm up against?
- Will you provide me with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)?
- What is your track record of unsold inventory and average DOM (Days On Market)? Do you offer a Performance Guarantee?
- Will you provide references from past clients? Can I call your past clients?
Once you have met with the agents you're considering to list your home, remember that it's paramount you not make a decision solely based on the highest price you've been quoted. No Realtor can sell your home for more than it is worth. Not only are buyers not willing to overpay, the buyer's lender will appraise the property based on recent comparable sales, not what similar homes in your area are listed for or what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. So be sure to base your decision on whether the Madison Realtor you're interviewing with is experienced and adept at marketing homes. Lake & City Homes is a real estate firm that definitely possesses Realtors with these qualities.Check out our testimonials to see what our Madison area clients are saying about Lake & City Homes.
In today's super competitive real estate market, you need marketing expertise that includes the power and reach of the Internet in addition to more traditional forms of real estate marketing. Lake & City Homes gives you the strategic advantage you need to net top dollar now. Contact us to learn how our comprehensive marketing plan gives you the upper hand regardless of market conditions. Or, fill out a request for a free market analysis of your home.
If you want to work with professional Realtors that offer an exceptional level of service and outstanding results, Lake & City Homes will be happy to go to work for you. Contact us today!