Latest foreclosures statistics for Madison WisconsinPosted by Jolenta Averill, Broker on Saturday, May 16th, 2009 at 8:06am.
- April 2009 foreclosures were 342,038 (up <1% from March 2009 but 32% higher than April 2008)
- One out of every 374 homes in the country received some type of foreclosure filing in April (default notice, auction sale notice, bank repossession), the highest monthly rate ever posted since RealtyTrac started issuing a monthly report in January 2005.
- April was the second straight month with more than 300,000 U.S. households receiving a foreclosure filing
- About 63,900 homes were repossessed in April, down 11% from about 71,700 in March 2009
- The number of repossessions by banks was down on a monthly and annual basis to their lowest level since March 2008
- Nevada continued to have the highest foreclosure rate in April, with one out of every 68 housing units getting a filing, more than five times the national average.
- Florida had the second-highest average with one out of every 135 homes getting foreclosed, followed by California, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Georgia, Illinois, Colarado and Ohio.
- Las Vegas had the highest metropolitan average with one out of every 56 homes being foreclosed, followed by Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla., Merced, Modesto, Riverside-San Bernardino, Bakersfield, Vallejo-Fairfield and Stockton, all in California, Miami and Orlando.
- 257 homes received foreclosure filings in April 2009 (down 2.65% from March 2009 but almost 20% higher than April 2008)
- 3,861 foreclosure filings were issued in April (up 1.3% from March 2009 and 72% higher than April 2008)
Hi, and welcome to our Madison real estate blog. Whether you're a consumer, journalist or Realtor, we encourage you to share your thoughts by leaving a comment. Here you'll find relevant local and national real estate information, as well as market statistics, insight, and information about a variety of neighborhoods and real estate listings. If you'd like more information about anything in particular, please use the contact form and I'll be happy to help.
Jolenta Averill, Principal
Lake & City Homes Realty
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!