1. Available to Dane County first-time home buyers (a first-time home buyer is someone who has not owned real estate in the last three years).
2. Available for all principle residences including single family homes, condominiums, townhouses, and owner-occupied residential income property.
3. Home must be purchased between January 1st, 2009 and December 1st, 2009 inclusive.
4. The credit does NOT require repayment.
5. The full amount of the credit is available for individuals with an adjusted gross income of no more then $75,000 or a joint adjusted gross income of $150,000.
6. Purchasers can use low interest state and local bond funding.
7. If the home is sold within 3 years, the credit is recaptured upon the sale.
8. The credit is claimed on a tax return to reduce the purchaser's income tax liability.
9. If any credit amount remains unused, the unused amount is refunded as a check to the purchaser.
10. Did I mention there is no repayment?!
Are you a Dane County first-time home buyer interested in benefitting from the first-time homebuyers' tax credit? Give us a call. We'll be happy to answer all your questions.
Hi, and welcome to our Madison real estate blog. Whether you're a consumer, journalist or Realtor, we encourage you to share your thoughts by leaving a comment. Here you'll find relevant local and national real estate information, as well as market statistics, insight, and information about a variety of neighborhoods and real estate listings. If you'd like more information about anything in particular, please use the contact form and I'll be happy to help.
Jolenta Averill, Principal
Lake & City Homes Realty